Spoil your mother on this Mother’s Day! Book a special train excursion for the family on an authentic, restored vintage steam train, from the private Hermanstad Station in Pretoria to the historic diamond mining town of Cullinan, and back. At Cullinan, which is located about 48 km east of Pretoria by rail, you can visit the craft shops and museums, enjoy a mine tour or have lunch at one of the restaurants (braaifires are also provided for free, bring own food, tables and chairs, tools and utensils).
FOTR (Friends of the Rail) is a living museum which was started by a group of railway enthusiasts, where steam heritage trains are restored, preserved and operated. Regular steam train outings depart from the private Hermanstad Station owned by the FOTR, which provides free on-site parking, and there is a souvenier shop, and tea, coffee and cold drinks to buy.
Mother’s Day 2013 Diamond Express Information:
- Event Date: Sunday, 12 May 2013.
- Departure Time: 08:30.
- Departure Point: Hermanstad Railway Station Events, Hermanstad.
- Arrival Time: about 6:00 pm at Hermanstad Railway Station Depot, having departed at 3:15 pm from Cullinan.
- Bookings Essential!!!
- Cullinan Restaurants & Cafes: advance bookings advisable.
- Please be aware that FOTR only takes bookings directly on the www.friendsoftherail.com/joomla/ website, by phone on 012-767-7913 or 082-098-6186, or through Computicket (on-line at Computicket.com or at Computicket’s offices and Checkers/Hyperama Money Market counters.
- Timetable is subject to change without notice as circumstances may dictate.
- ALSO: Father’s Day 2013 Diamond Express, Sunday, 16 June 2013.
- Public Train Trips: to Cullinan / Rayton, and shorter trips “Tshwane Xplorer” around our capital city.
- Charter Train Trips: Rent-a-Coach – (birthday parties, corporate gatherings, group outings, launch celebrations);
- Charter Train Trips: Rent-a-Train – (special and totally private); party trains, corporate launches, wedding celebrations, film shoots, incentive trips, transport to stadiums, year-end functions, tourist charters, etc).
FOTR (Friends of the Rail) Contact Details:
Fax: +27 86 537 0494
Alongside Michaelson Street,