The Eskom Energy Efficient Lighting Design Competition (EELDC) was founded in 1999, and is a challenge to all designers to create functional and trendy lighting systems. The EELDC 2014 Competition closing date is 15 August 2014, and a prize giving event will be hosted in Gauteng during November 2014.
Creative Professional Designers, DIY Home Owners, Students and Learners are invited to use their creative flair and unique design ideas to design a light fitting (luminaire) that makes use of energy-efficient technology like LEDs, CFLs, fibre optic or others, which will suitable for residential application.
Eskom Energy Efficient Lighting Design Competition 2014 Information:
- Entry Closing Date: 17:00, 15 August 2014
- 3 Categories: High School Learner, Student & Professional
- Category A – Students: full-time students at tertiary institutions like universities, colleges, design centres and schools of design in South Africa, submit a luminaire design using an energy efficient light source, suitable for use in the home.
- Category B – Professional: graphic designers, architects, electrical engineers, product designers, researchers, submit innovative energy efficient designs, systems or products, suitable for residential application.
- Category C – Learners: young designers from secondary schools and independent colleges, between ages 14 and 20, submit innovative energy efficient designs, systems or products, suitable for residential application.
- Prize Giving Event: Gauteng, November 2014
- Total Prize Value: R200 000
Competition Contact Details:
National Coordinator: Karin
Tel: 021 949 7491 / 083 293 2848